St Paul’s Anglican Carlingford and North Rocks respects your right to privacy and is committed to dealing with your personal information carefully and responsibly.
In this policy, the terms “St Paul’s Anglican” and “we” or “us” refer to St Paul’s Anglican Carlingford and North Rocks. “Elvanto” refers to Elvanto Church Management Software, the digital database used by us.
What is personal information?
‘Personal information’ is information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who Is reasonably identifiable. Some personal information may be sensitive information.
‘Sensitive information’ includes information about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or affiliations, criminal record or health information.
How do we collect personal information?
We will only collect personal information where necessary for the provision of our services, and by fair and lawful means, such as in the following situations:
- You provide us with your private information at a St Paul’s Anglican event/church service.
- Your attendance being noted at St Paul’s Anglican church services and/or growth groups.
- You contribute financially to support the ministry of St Paul’s Anglican (NB: no financial details are stored in Elvanto, refer below for further details).
- As a parent or guardian, you provide personal information relating to a child (under 18 years) who attends one of our events/church services.
In general, we collect personal information directly from you, but may require you to provide personal information regarding your children, such as for medical or safety reasons. We may also collect personal information about you via third parties, for example the online payment platforms we use eg. Stripe (https://stripe.com/au/privacy) and Square (https://squareup.com/au/en/legal/general/privacy-no-account).
We will only collect sensitive information about you and/or your children with your consent and where such Information Is reasonably necessary or directly related to one or more of our functions or activities.
How do we protect personal information?
Your personal information is stored on Elvanto and protected through encryption, firewalls, secure buildings and computer security systems. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we hold about you is relevant, not excessive, accurate, complete and up-to-date.
What types of personal information do we collect and hold?
Generally, we collect and hold the following types of personal information:
- Name (first name, last name, family members and dates of birth)
- Children’s names and dates of birth
- Address (home, postal, other)
- Phone numbers (home, mobile)
- Email address
- Attendance at a St Paul’s Congregation
- Attendance at a St Paul’s Growth Group or other group attended
- Banking/credit card details relating to giving (NB: no financial details are stored in Elvanto, refer below for further details).
Children are given their own entry in Elvanto.
To comply with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 (NSW), we also collect and hold the following personal information on individuals who work with children in our parish:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Working with Children Check clearance number
- Expiry date of clearance
- Date of last Safe Ministry training
Who has access to personal information?
The ministry and administrative staff and those authorised by the Senior Pastor have access to the information collected and retained for ministry and related activities of St Paul’s Anglican. Access to banking/credit card details related to giving is limited to those provided access to process and approve payments in the accounting and banking systems (for details of the Xero, MYOB and CommBiz privacy policies refer to https://www.xero.com/au/legal/privacy/, https://www.myob.com/au/privacy-policy, and https://www.commbank.com.au/security-privacy/general-security/privacy.html)
How your personal information is used and disclosed by us
Generally, we will only use and disclose your personal information as follows:
- to maintain a record of your involvement and attendance
- to facilitate your participation in the activities of St Paul’s Anglican
- to care for you pastorally
- to register you for events or conferences
- to answer your questions
- for statistical purposes and reporting
- to keep you informed of church news and new developments that may be of interest to you via a regular electronic newsletter (if we contact this way, you will have the opportunity to decline any further such communications).
How do you view or correct personal information we have about you or your children?
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information. To request access to the personal information that we hold about you we encourage you to please contact us.
We also take reasonable steps to correct personal information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you have a login to Elvanto, you may make any changes to your personal Information at any time. You may also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to request the deletion of your personal information or receiving communication
You have the right to opt out of promotional mailings/emails or to have your personal information deleted. If you do not wish to receive further communication from us or would like us to delete your personal information, please email us at email@example.com. We will comply with your request unless we need to retain your personal information for the purposes it was provided, or to comply with the law.
The Senior Pastor
St Paul’s Anglican Carlingford and North Rocks
PO Box 5099 Kingsdene NSW 2118.